[FS#823] USB WIFI dongle TP-LINK TP-WN726N 1.0(rt8188eus) cannot be recognized by system
lede-bugs at lists.infradead.org
Thu Jun 1 19:45:35 PDT 2017
A new Flyspray task has been opened. Details are below.
User who did this - Anderson Chen (yaonanchan)
Attached to Project - LEDE Project
Summary - USB WIFI dongle TP-LINK TP-WN726N 1.0(rt8188eus) cannot be recognized by system
Task Type - Bug Report
Category - Kernel
Status - Unconfirmed
Assigned To -
Operating System - All
Severity - Critical
Priority - Very Low
Reported Version - Trunk
Due in Version - Undecided
Due Date - Undecided
Details - Supply the following if possible:
- Device problem occurs on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2, TP-LINK TP-WN726N 1.0(rt8188eus) USB WIFI dongle
- Software versions of LEDE release, r4297-1893b56 / LuCI Master (git-17.152.36261-b6dd992)
- Steps to reproduce:
1. Compile rom with rt8xxxu driver and firmware.
2. Insert TP-LINK TP-WN726N 1.0(rt8188eus) USB WIFI dongle
3. Boot the system, log is attached.
4. Type command "cat /ect/config/wireless" in console, TP-WN726N info is listed.
5. Type command "ifconfig" in console, observe that TP-WN726N is not listed.
6. Go to Luci web management tool, observe that TP-WN726N is listed, without signal strength.
- More info:
TP-LINK TP-WN726N 1.0(rt8188eus) USB WIFI dongle is tested on PC with Ubuntu 16.04, works fine.
One or more files have been attached.
More information can be found at the following URL:
More information about the lede-bugs