kexec 2.0.2 MIPS

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Tue Sep 20 22:56:22 EDT 2011

> > Attempting to make kexec work for Mips32r2.  2.0.1 works, 2.0.2
> > doesn't.  Looking through the differences of the arch/mips
> folders
> > I find that there is a reference to an extern simple_setup_start.
> > In 2.0.1 this appears to be referencing asm code from the file
> > simple_setup_start.S, however, in 2.0.2 I cannot find the
> > referenced location.
> >
> > Is this the reason that I cannot get a Linux kernel to boot using
> > 2.0.2 using the same command line as the 2.0.1?
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> I'm a little unsure why it is that your platform broke between
> 2.0.1
> and 2.0.2. And I'm even less sure what simple_setup_start is/was

Well, the reason you didn't see it is because I was apparently
smoking something that day.  The _real_ filename (in the 2.0.1
I just downloaded from you local store) was mips-setup-simple.S.
This file doesn't exist in 2.0.2.  I'll pull the latest and
test it.  If it works for me in mips I'll bump the version in
BuildRoot too.

BTW, the full path for that asm file is:
kexec-tools-2.0.1/kexec/arc/mips/mips-setup-simple.S

Unfortunately, I don't have much time (always the story, no?) as
I have a very important pre-release of what I'm doing with
kexec, so, forgive me if I don't get back to you with this for
a couple of days.