[Crash-utility] [RFC] makedumpfile, crash: LZO compression support

HATAYAMA Daisuke d.hatayama at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Dec 8 19:21:01 EST 2011

From: Dave Anderson <anderson at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Crash-utility] [RFC] makedumpfile, crash: LZO compression support
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:32:10 -0500 (EST)

I don't intend pre-instration of LZO-related libraries on the
community version because only relatively recent distributions
provides them as their packages and so making it requiring the
libraries by default seems to only irritate users for the
distributions not providing LZO-related libraries, such as RHEL.

Of course, I think it better to make them default if the libraries
exist on the distribution.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke