ARM misdetection

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:34:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

Building kexec-tools_2.0.1 against glibc for armv5te I found out the
code in kexec/phys_arch.c can lead to arch misdetection.
The uname's output of my kernel is "armv5tel" and this won't match the
string "arm".

I added a patch to the OpenEmbedded buildsystem following the example
in the old kexec-tools-arm.patch (arch_compat_trampoline).

http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/kexec/files/fix-arm-arch-detection.patch

Other than adding some overhead for other archies, it just seems to work.

Regards

Andrea

P.S. I'm working on the static recipe against klibc. Probably I'll
come back soon for help...