ARM misdetection

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at
Thu Oct 1 09:34:01 EDT 2009


Building kexec-tools_2.0.1 against glibc for armv5te I found out the
code in kexec/phys_arch.c can lead to arch misdetection.
The uname's output of my kernel is "armv5tel" and this won't match the
string "arm".

I added a patch to the OpenEmbedded buildsystem following the example
in the old kexec-tools-arm.patch (arch_compat_trampoline).

Other than adding some overhead for other archies, it just seems to work.



P.S. I'm working on the static recipe against klibc. Probably I'll
come back soon for help...

More information about the kexec mailing list