Kdump Automation Mechanism

Bernhard Walle bwalle at suse.de
Wed Aug 20 15:54:04 EDT 2008

* Cai Qian <caiqian at cclom.cn> [2008-08-20 09:22]:
> --- Bernhard Walle <bwalle at suse.de> wrote:
>
> > * Jay Lan [2008-08-14 10:23]:
> > >
> > > If you can put vmcore at the same location... Ahh, asking too much? ;)
> >
> > Will change that to /var/crash since that's FHS 2.3 anyway. :)
> > [And I personally never liked “/var/log/dump” since it's not a logfile.]
> >

> That's a good. Do you have any consideration for standard Kdump options? I have created a Kdump
> test suite but it originally written and tested on RHEL and Fedora.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=20080815.210735.450985660335275199.qcai%40redhat.com

Thanks for that effort and for letting me that know.

I'll take definitively a look at this, but currently I'm a bit short in
time because of feature development for the next enterprise
distribution.

I put that on my TODO list, and I'll give you feedback, in the next
weeks. :-)

Bernhard
--
Bernhard Walle, SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Architecture Development

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
        -- Albert Einstein