Kdump Automation Mechanism

Cai Qian caiqian at cclom.cn
Wed Aug 20 12:22:30 EDT 2008

Hi Bernhard and Neil,

--- Bernhard Walle <bwalle at suse.de> wrote:

> * Jay Lan [2008-08-14 10:23]:
> >
> > If you can put vmcore at the same location... Ahh, asking too much? ;)
>
> Will change that to /var/crash since that's FHS 2.3 anyway. :)
> [And I personally never liked “/var/log/dump” since it's not a logfile.]

That's a good. Do you have any consideration for standard Kdump options? I have created a Kdump
test suite but it originally written and tested on RHEL and Fedora.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=20080815.210735.450985660335275199.qcai%40redhat.com

I hope it could also work for SLES, OpenSUSE and other distros. However, I have no environment to
test it yet, and I found it is kind of difficult to port it to other distros for so many different
options.

I'd appreciate if you guys could have a look, and come out a standard Kdump options. I'd also be
happy to modify the suite accordingly.

Thanks,
CaiQian