irqbalance problem on Oracle X5-2

Mohsin Zaidi mohsinrzaidi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 07:42:41 PST 2015

I'm using the irqbalance daemon with the following config file. The
only thing I've changed is the banned CPUs list, and I've banned all
but CPUs #1 and #37. Interrupts *never* go to #1, and go to #18 and
#37, even though #18 has also been banned.

# irqbalance is a daemon process that distributes interrupts across
# CPUS on SMP systems. The default is to rebalance once every 10
# seconds. This is the environment file that is specified to systemd via the
# EnvironmentFile key in the service unit file (or via whatever method the init
# system you're using has.
#
# ONESHOT=yes
# after starting, wait for a minute, then look at the interrupt
# load and balance it once; after balancing exit and do not change
# it again.
#IRQBALANCE_ONESHOT=

#
# IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPUS
# 64 bit bitmask which allows you to indicate which cpu's should
# be skipped when reblancing irqs. Cpu numbers which have their
# corresponding bits set to one in this mask will not have any
# irq's assigned to them on rebalance
#
#IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPUS=
IRQBALANCE_BANNED_CPUS=000000ff,ffffffdf,fffffffd

#
# IRQBALANCE_ARGS
# append any args here to the irqbalance daemon as documented in the man page
#
#IRQBALANCE_ARGS=
Regards,
Mohsin