EAP-TLS RADIUS login for local user authentication

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jul 8 14:20:24 PDT 2022

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022, Alan DeKok wrote:

>  You need to use eapol_test, which also comes with hostap.  It sends
> RADIUS packets directly.  You can also use eapol_test as an example
> of how to integrate RADIUS + EAP into your application.

In order to avoid abandoning this discussion thread without proper
closure, I would like to say that I did get eapol_test working with
FreeRADIUS using several TLS-protected authentication mechanisms.  I
have not yet tested eapol_test using crypto in FIPS 140-2 mode so
something may still go wrong.

Given the very light-duty requirement (a GUI user login) I think that
eapol_test will work ok.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn