WPA 3 on (k)FreeBSD?

Andrej Shadura andrewsh at debian.org
Wed Apr 6 05:09:10 PDT 2022

Hi,

Last week I noticed that wpa-supplicant on Debian/kFreeBSD hasn’t been successfully built for a couple of years (!). Part of that was the unavailability of Qt5 on kFreeBSD, but the key factor apparently was that I enabled WPA 3 features (OWE, SAE) and also mesh networking and FILS, which apparently depend on IEEE80211W which seems to be supported on Linux only. Eventually, I was able to get it to build, but I had to disable all of these features.
Is this a known issue, and is there a plan to get these features to work?

--
Cheers,
  Andrej