Hostapd 2.9 support for configuring 2 server certificates

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Oct 15 13:55:31 PDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 06:10:11PM +0530, Hello Users wrote:
> Please help me in understanding the below feature.
> As per hostapd 2.9 change logs, it mentions support to configure 2
> server certificates/keys(RSA/ECC). But when I tried to configure, it
> only took/connected with the 2nd configured certificate. The 1st
> configured certificate is always overwritten. What needs to be done
> here to get the client connected with either of the certificates?

How did you try to configure this? Did you follow the example and
documentation shown in hostapd/hostapd.conf for
server_cert2/private_key2/private_key_passwd2?

Please also note the comment about number of deployed station/supplicant
implementations having interoperability issues with this capability.