wpa-2.10 pair of files with same names in 2 different locations causing build problems

Jim Crites jcrites at blackberry.com
Fri Jul 16 07:14:18 PDT 2021

Hello,

I build wpa-2.10 for QNX OS.
I am updating my working version of 2.10 (hostap-cc6153a8a4555407562a4200f298554e6a27eea1) to hostap-311091eb43eb8a5210745b667de7146012abff02. In the newer version there are 2 sets of config.c and config.h files. One pair in ../wpa_supplicant/ and one pair in ../src/utils/. The files are not identical. In the my previous version the files only existed in ../wpa_supplicant/. This is causing build problems as building both will cause the last one built object file to overwrite the first one built.

Why are there 2 sets of config.x files ?
How does this not affect the builds ?

Thanks,
Jim

​​​​​ Jim Crites