hostapd + 100 devices on Cubieboard

Bruno Antunes baantunes at gmail.com
Thu May 4 02:24:22 PDT 2017

Hi,

On 4 May 2017 at 07:28, Marek Floriańczyk <marek.florianczyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to run such a config:
> Cubieboard2 + wifi dongle + 100 devices - small ones, with low bandwidth, only
> to send text commands, from server to the devices.
> I have compiled hostapd-2.6 from sources.
>
> Can someone tell me is this configuration possible?
> What wifi dongle (preferably with antenna) would you recommend?
> Some options for hostapd? Like I said I don't need high speed from this
> configuration.
>
> Yesterday I was testing this setup with wifi dongle TP-Link TL-WN727N and it

Acording to wikidevi there are 3 versions of that adaptor:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN727N_v3

> looked like 60 devices has connected to hostapd, but there were some problems
> with dhcp server.

There is no limitation on the number of devices connected in hostapd,
that is device dependent.
If the problem isn't on the dhcp server you can check the number of
max devices with:

iw list | grep managed

Regards,
Bruno