hostapd + 100 devices on Cubieboard

Marek Floriańczyk marek.florianczyk at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:28:12 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I need to run such a config:
Cubieboard2 + wifi dongle + 100 devices - small ones, with low bandwidth, only
to send text commands, from server to the devices.
I have compiled hostapd-2.6 from sources.

Can someone tell me is this configuration possible?
What wifi dongle (preferably with antenna) would you recommend?
Some options for hostapd? Like I said I don't need high speed from this
configuration.

Yesterday I was testing this setup with wifi dongle TP-Link TL-WN727N and it
looked like 60 devices has connected to hostapd, but there were some problems
with dhcp server.

Need some help, please.

Best Regards
Marek