List of configuration options

Rostislav Devyatov deviatov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 09:21:59 PST 2017

> On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 08:53:33AM +0300, Rostislav Devyatov wrote:
>> The README file of wpa_supplicant says:
>>
>> See defconfig file for an example configuration and a list of
>> available options and additional notes.
>>
>> Do I understand correctly that defonfig file does NOT contain the
>> COMPLETE list of available (and officially supported) configuration
>> options? Is it possible to see the complete list of officially
>> supported options somewhere?
>
> There is no such list of "officially supported" options or even
> definition of what that would mean.
>
> wpa_supplicant/defconfig lists large portion of the available build
> configuration parameters. As noted in comments for some of those
> parameters, there is also experimental code that should not really be
> considered supported or appropriate for production use.

Thank you for reply. I understand that there are configuration
parameters that are marked "experimental" in defconfig. But there are
also parameters that occur in source files (using #ifdef), but not
mentioned in defconfig at all. And my question is: are they even more
"experimental" than those marked "experimental" in defconfig?

In other words, there are release versions (the latest is 2.6), and
they work "stable" (with a certain level of stability, let's say).
Will they work with the same or similar level of stability if
wpa_supplicant is built with these configuration parameters, which are
not mentioned in defconfig at all?

CONFIG_IBSS_RSN was maybe not a very good example, because it is
already in defconfig (not in the defconfig of the latest release
though), but there are other examples of such options: CONFIG_EAP_TLV,
CONFIG_EAP_EXE, CONFIG_BGSCAN_SIMPLE, CONFIG_BGSCAN_LEARN,
CONFIG_DRIVER_ATMEL, CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP, CONFIG_DRIVER_IPW,
CONFIG_DRIVER_RALINK.