List of configuration options

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Feb 5 02:55:40 PST 2017

On Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 08:53:33AM +0300, Rostislav Devyatov wrote:
> The README file of wpa_supplicant says:
>
> See defconfig file for an example configuration and a list of
> available options and additional notes.
>
> Do I understand correctly that defonfig file does NOT contain the
> COMPLETE list of available (and officially supported) configuration
> options? Is it possible to see the complete list of officially
> supported options somewhere?

There is no such list of "officially supported" options or even
definition of what that would mean.

wpa_supplicant/defconfig lists large portion of the available build
configuration parameters. As noted in comments for some of those
parameters, there is also experimental code that should not really be
considered supported or appropriate for production use.

> I am particularly interested in the option called CONFIG_IBSS_RSN. It
> is not present in defconfig (and not in README either), but it appears
> in Makefile and in several C files
> (as #ifdef CONFIG_BSS_RSN). Is this option supported? Or the fact that
> it is not present in defconfig means that it is not yet supported and
> intended to be "N" until it appears in defconfig?

This was added to defconfig recently:
http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/?id=913c3e1e83c9efa7a4d3a4df8d20e687918fcf1d