[wpa-supplicant] Can't connect to wifi hotspot

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Apr 21 01:22:01 PDT 2017

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi > That looks more like a lower layer issue of
getting packets through than some kind of a race condition. In other
words, that would require
someone to take a look at the drivers and/or wireless capture to make
more sense to what is happening.

So it looks like the driver itself is fine, and the bug lies somewhere
in wpa-supplicant, which would explain why I could connect fine to an
open hotspot but failed with my WPA-protected hotspot at home.

FWIW, the chip in the laptop is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9285.

Thank you.

(Sorry for breaking the thread: For some reason, Thunderbird lost the
original e-mail.)