[wpa-supplicant] Can't connect to wifi hotspot

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Apr 13 16:53:48 PDT 2017

On 13/04/2017 17:43, Dan Williams wrote:
> One really stupid question; have you power-cycled your AP? I have seen
> quite a few consumer-level APs get into states like this, which a
> reboot fixes temporarily.

Thanks for the tip. Power-cycling the AP did the trick.

Still…
1. Why does it work fine with XPSP3 runnning on that same hardware, or
my Android smartphone?
2. It still takes 30-45 seconds for Linux Mint to connect: Why is it
that slow?
----

Edit: Looks like the hardware is buggy. Here's a fix:

https://www.htpcbeginner.com/how-to-fix-atheros-ar9285-ar9287-wireless-problems-in-ubuntu-1104/