hostapd proxy_arp

Rahmadi Trimananda rtrimana at uci.edu
Wed Apr 12 23:13:40 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I've got the following error message for my hostapd run on OpenWrt Chaos Calmer:

Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 74:da:38:68:72:84 and ssid "OpenWrt"
x_snoop: Failed to enable proxyarp on the bridge port
Generic snooping infrastructure initialization failed!!!
Interface initialization failed
wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->DISABLED
wlan0: AP-DISABLED
wlan0: Unable to setup interface.
wlan0: interface state DISABLED->DISABLED
wlan0: AP-DISABLED
hostapd_free_hapd_data: Interface wlan0 wasn't started
nl80211: deinit ifname=wlan0 disabled_11b_rates=0
ELOOP: remaining socket: sock=13 eloop_data=0xbf2728 user_data=(nil)
handler=0x3a3a0

Here is my hostapd-phy0.conf:

driver=nl80211
logger_syslog=127
logger_syslog_level=0
logger_stdout=127
logger_stdout_level=0
hw_mode=g
channel=11

proxy_arp=1
disable_dgaf=1
ieee80211n=1
ht_coex=0
ht_capab=[SHORT-GI-20][SHORT-GI-40][MAX-AMSDU-7935][DSSS_CCK-40]

interface=wlan0
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ap_isolate=1
disassoc_low_ack=1
preamble=1
wmm_enabled=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
uapsd_advertisement_enabled=1
wpa_psk_file=/etc/hostapd-psk
auth_algs=1
wpa=2
wpa_pairwise=CCMP
ssid=OpenWrt
bridge=br-wifi
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
okc=0
disable_pmksa_caching=1
bssid=74:da:38:68:72:84

I enabled disable_dgaf=1 and proxy_arp=1 as you can see here. My setup
is that I activated ap_isolate=1 and also I created a bridge br-wifi
to bridge different devices inside my network. Question is what's the
reason for this x_snoop error message. Would appreciate if anyone has
any idea about what's happening. Thank you!

--
Kind regards,
Rahmadi