wpa_supplicant auto reconnect

Jake Magee jake at jakemagee.com
Sun Apr 2 08:37:21 PDT 2017

Whatever method the developer feels best is good with me
(wpa_supplicant.conf, a /sys interface, etc).  As long as its
available either through a text file or "echo"ing to an interface via
the command line (something simple/easy).

I'm not sure I understood the timeout configuration.  Does it have a
max of 300 seconds, or 300 seconds plus a random addition of 0 to 10 *
num_failures?  And if it is the second case, is there a maximum, or
can the number of failures increase to 100 ... 1,000?  Seems like that
could result in practically disabling the retry (if it took a week
plus to retry one time).  Given this information (about the automatic
timeout increase), I would amend my last request to be add a setting
for a maximum timeout value...  the automatic increasing / backoff
functionality is fine.  It would just be very helpful to know (and be
configurable) that the unit will attempt a reconnection every x
seconds/minutes at a maximum.  This really helps in situations where a
unit is in far less than an optimal coverage area, but can eventually
get a connection to upload whatever information it has collected.

Thanks,
jake