wpa_supplicant auto reconnect

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Apr 1 02:10:54 PDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:45:54PM -0500, Jake Magee wrote:
> Would it also be possible to allow the back-off period to be
> configurable?  77 seconds is fine for me right now, but I can foresee
> someone down the road requesting this to be 1 minute, or 5 minutes,
> etc.

How would you like to configure it?

There is no 77 second fixed timeout. The current behavior is to increase
the period automatically based on how many consecutive failures there
have been (from 10 seconds to 300 seconds plus a random addition of
0..10*failures seconds). I'd rather make the automatic determination
behave in reasonable manner on its own than provide complex
configuration parameters for changing this behavior.