Fwd: disable inactivity timer for wired driver

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Oct 9 06:55:51 PDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 05:35:05PM -0400, Sam Tannous wrote:
> In using the wired driver for some testing, I noticed
> that the only way to prevent getting disconnected
> with AP-STA-DISCONNECTED is to set a very
> large ap_max_inactivity timer  since setting
> skip_inactivity_poll=1 does not prevent the timer from
> starting.
>
> Would it be acceptable to create another config option to
> simply disable the timer altogether called  skip_inactivity_timer ?

Why would that use a configuration option? Isn't this something we
should do unconditionally for all wired network cases? In other words,
check if (hapd->iface->drv_flags & WPA_DRIVER_FLAGS_WIRED).

> I can send a patch if needed.

If you can test that the drv_flags -based automatic mechanism works, a
patch with a commit message and Signed-off-by: line as described in the
CONTRIBUTIONS file would be welcome.