Question on wpa_supplicant running on Android 4.4.2

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sat Nov 19 07:26:41 PST 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 04:08:42PM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
> Anyone know a way I can tweak supplicant and/or android to give me more details?
> I cannot install completely new software on this tablet.

I'm not sure about this specific build since it has some non-upstream
custom changes that I'm not familiar with. Based on more recent AOSP
builds, it is pretty easy to add debug details through the Developer
options menu item in Settings ("Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging").

You could try running a command like "wpa_cli LOG_LEVEL MSGDUMP" if
wpa_cli happens to be included in the build.