RAM consumption of supplicant IoT?

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 02:32:26 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM, khali singh <khali3620 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has some numbers on the RAM consumption of a
> supplicant. I know it would be depend on the actual EAP method used,
> but I was wondering what kind of numbers are we talking about. Is it a
> few kB or way more?
>
> I was thinking to build a stripped down version of wpa_supplicant with
> only the bare essentials and one EAP method for usage in IoT type
> devices.
I did this recently, for a basic open connection, using mac80211_hwsim
i got the total heap consumption to be about 130KB. (using massif from
valgrind).

  n        time(i)         total(B)   useful-heap(B) extra-heap(B)    stacks(B)

50      7,734,291          130,008           90,039        39,969            0

51      7,814,496           59,928           47,991        11,937            0

52      7,898,388           12,640           12,047           593            0