Running hostapd and wpa_supplicant on the same interface

night decoder nightdecoder at live.com
Thu Jan 21 19:47:58 PST 2016

Janusz solution by adding second interface works for me, tested on a ath9k card.

iw wlan0 interface add wlan0_1 type managed
ifconfig wlan0_1 hw ether <new_mac>

Running hostapd on wlan0 and wpa_supplicant on wlan_1.
I was able to scan (wpa_cli scan) without "ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN]: Operation not supported
Failed to initiate AP scan." error while hostapd is running.

Is this configuration also available in Realtek RTL8188EU card?

http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/R8188EU.html

It is a USB wireless card, I'm trying to configure it on kernel 2.6.32.27 (ARM926EJ-S) with BusyBox's iw and ip.

night