Help debug my authentication issue? (Part 1)

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Oct 15 15:51:22 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 03:05:12PM -0700, Frank Rizzo wrote:
> interface=wlan0
> bridge=br0
> driver=nl80211

Which WLAN driver and hardware are you using?

> I have that bridge defined, but I can easily remove it if that's a
> test that you think would reveal something.  Ultimately, it'll be
> tablets talking to the host over a VLAN.

Yes, I would start with the bridge removed from the picture for the test
until the AP is shown to be capable of receiving EAPOL frames. Linux
bridge is one of the most common reasons for this failing.