802.11w - mixed robust / not robust frames during BA handling for same STA

Johannes Berg johannes
Mon Jan 12 00:09:52 PST 2015

On Sun, 2015-01-11 at 12:13 +0100, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> STA sends ADDBAReq as robust frame.
> AP answers ADDBResp as robust frame.
> STA triggers BlockAcckReq as *non* robust frame.
> AP answers with BlockAck as *non* robust frame.
>
> Is this the expected behavior of hostapd? I would have thought that the
> first non robust frame shouldn't have been accepted by AP?

Those frames are handled in the kernel - I don't think hostapd is
involved?

Anyway - BlockAckReq isn't even a management frame, it's a control
frame, and cannot be protected.

johannes