Dynamic deny list check in hostapd

Silvia SH sildie6 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:09:52 PST 2015

Hi Baruch,

Thanks for your answer.
We tried the suggestion of Jouni Malinen with hostapd_cli but we are
receive a FAIL message.
We wrote ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd to hostapd.conf and then we
follow this process:

#sudo hostapd_cli interface our_iface
#sudo hostapd_cli
>  SET deny_mac_file /etc/hostapd.deny
FAIL

What's the correct way to send a "SET deny_mac_file /etc/hostapd.deny"
to /var/run/hostapd?
Where can we find a list of all the correct commands for GET and SET methods?

Thank you,
Silvia