Compiling on Windows

James Rowe jroweboy
Mon Aug 24 12:22:05 PDT 2015

The CONFIG_NATIVE_WINDOWS does get hostapd to compile (I've managed to get
the latest version to compile on both cygwin and mingw myself), but the
NDIS driver code in the current code base is outdated so, even though it
compiles, it doesn't actually work. From what I understand, Sergio is
working on updating the driver code to use NDIS 6 and I've tested that code
a few times. Judging from other mailing list posts that Sergio has made on
other mailing lists, I'm guessing that it isn't malware, but I have no
proof since Sergio has kept the changes closed source for now. I would
really like it to be open source so I could take a look into what needs to
be done to fix it, but I'll just wait then I suppose. Sergio said that it
will be open sourced soon.

If you are wondering about myself, I also posted on the mailing list about
windows support a while ago, and I've been emailing Sergio for the past few
weeks and working on getting NDIS 6 support. That's where I got all this
info from; its just my personal experiences. Feel free to mail me directly
if you have anything to say to me. I don't wanna clog up the mailing list
on things that can be settled in personal emails :)

James