SMPS for AP mode confoguration

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Sun Oct 19 04:50:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

We are testing SMPS functionality for AP mode. The driver conveys its
capabilities through setting the HT capability which can be set to 0-3.

I wanted to convey support for both Dynamic and Static Powersave
and then control the config through hostapd.conf file. Currently this is
not possible.From driver i can only advertize support for static (or) dynamic
not both (HW_SUPPORTS_* is a different thing which is used in
doing checks at debugfs level).

So if i wanted to configure different modes from hostapd.conf, i
have to change the driver settings as well.

Shouldn't it be the other way around, based on driver's _HW_ flags
we should convey the capabilities to user-space  (currently we use
ht_cap for this) and it will configure the mode from the configuration
file.  I think the design of SMPS configuration should be changed.

--
Thanks,
Regards,