How to timeout

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Oct 12 08:28:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 08:43:17AM +0300, khali singh wrote:
> I still cannot get the PMK to timeout frequently. It does the default
> renegotiation every hour even though I have set eap_reauth_period=60
> in the hostapd.conf

eap_reauth_period on hostapd works in my tests..

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM, khali singh <khali3620 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want the PMK to be re-negotiated very frequently for testing issues. I
> > set the
> > dot11RSNAConfigPMKLifetime = 60
> > in the supplicant conf file but it does not seem to work?

.. and so does dot11RSNAConfigPMKLifetime on wpa_supplicant.

In other words, either of these will request a new EAP authentication to
be performed and that operation results in new PMK taken into use and
PTK derived through 4-way handshake.

> > Using version 2.0 of the supplicant. Do I need to change something in the
> > AP or the hostapd?

There has been some fixes in the PMKSA caching area that could have had
an effect to some of these uses. I'd use the latest version if 2.0 did
not work.