[HostAPD issue] - how to create multiple SSIDs

Ben Greear greearb
Wed Jun 26 17:19:30 PDT 2013

On 06/26/2013 01:19 PM, Yu Li wrote:
> Thanks Ben, since the only NIC I have right now is the Intel? Centrino? Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 (2.6.30) with iwlwifi driver, I wonder if you know any other
> ways that allows me to create multiple networks using hostapd?

Probably it just cannot be done.  Most wifi chipsets have various limitations.

In my experience, only the Atheros chipsets can do interesting amounts
of virtual interfaces.  Someone once told me that a hacked broadcom firmware
might enable virtual stations on at least some broadcom hardware, but I never tried
it.

Also, make sure you are not using the USB adapters..those still have
lots of limitations even if the chipset is Atheros.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>