[RFC 0/4] hostapd: introduce Automatic Channel Selection (ACS)

Johannes Berg johannes
Fri Jul 26 01:00:23 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 07:33 +0200, Michal Kazior wrote:

> Yes, that crossed my mind too. However there's currently no way of
> telling a driver how long it should stay on each channel during scan.
> We also wouldn't be totally piggy-backing the overlapping BSS scan
> since ACS can do a couple of scan-cycles (unless we decide not to, and
> simply do a very long scan on each channel once).
>
> But yeah, using scan seems certainly simpler and would make it easier
> to add BSS-based ACS in the future.

Fair enough, maybe we should just leave it as is and create new
mechanisms in the future? I just think that we might not support
remain-on-channel as the mechanism for doing measurements (in our
driver) as easily.

johannes