Re: Re: More APs with single ­SSID

Milan Krčmář krcmar
Sun Jan 27 04:35:39 PST 2013

Yes, I have forgotten to emphasize that it is primarily STA's problem
and that I would like to discuss how to mitigate it from AP's point of
view, because you usually have not enough control over STAs: we
operate AP's that should work with usual STA implementations. We
observed Android phones behave slightly better than brand (HP etc.)
notebooks (mostly Intel radios)...

I think Intel radios/Windows driver must be capable of background
scanning, but they seem to prefer continuous (but slower) service to
roaming interruption. But too much.

Don't suppose disabling lower MCS would help. It might make the
problem even worse. But the 802.11k is promising... Thank you.