p2p connect to an existing group

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Apr 23 04:46:18 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:01:51PM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> I want my p2p device to connect to an existing p2p group. To achieve this I
> am following these steps:
>
> 1.  I scan an existing P2P Group using *scan* command.

I would recommend using p2p_find for this.

> 2.  I can find the SSID and bssid of the existing P2P Group.
> 3.  But according to P2P specification, to connect to an existing P2P Group
> we have to use
>      device address of the P2P Group Owner which is not available in the *
> scan_results* .

The expected commands for this are p2p_find followed by p2p_connect <dev
addr> <WPS method> join.

> Please let me know how can I get the device address of the P2P Group Owner
> during *scan.*

The P2P-DEVICE-FOUND events should be used for this instead. Anyway, if
you really want to use scan for this, you can get the P2P Device Address
of the GO with "bss <BSSID>" (the p2p_device_addr=<addr> line).