WPS 2.0: Update authorized enrollee MAC address list correctly

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Nov 26 02:07:17 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 10:02:05PM -0800, Amitkumar Karwar wrote:
> It is observed that authorized enrollee MAC address list advertized in
> beacon and probe response sometimes contains both wildcard as well as
> specific station's MAC address.
>
> This patch makes sure that either of them will be present in the list.

Do you mean "makes sure that _only one of them_ will be present"? That's
what the patch seemed to be doing.. And if so, why would this be desired
behavior? I would expect that a mix of wildcard and specific MAC
addresses are needed to cover some WPS use cases especially when using
multiple external Registrars.