two simple questions

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jun 30 02:55:16 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:32:37PM -0400, David Vescovi2 wrote:
> If I wish to build the WAP_supplicant 1.0 against windows xp should I be
> targeting the NDIS or NDISUIO driver? (I have the winpcap installed).

The driver will be NDIS in all cases, so I'm assuming you are asking
which interface to use to talk to the NDIS driver. NDISUIO would be
somewhat cleaner approach, but it is exclusive to a single program in
Windows XP, so you may end up having to implement a separate protocol
driver to make this more robust. Since you already have WinPcap
installed, it is likely easier to just use that for the driver
operations.

> Also, can I build against the OpenSSL 1.0.0? I see notes about patching for
> 0.98 and 0.99 support but nowhere does it say anything about OpenSSL 1.0.

I've never tried building OpenSSL 1.0.0 for Windows, so I cannot confirm
that this works. That said, I would assume it to be fine on Windows,
too, taken into account that newer OpenSSL versions work fine on Linux.