Using wpa_ctrl.h in a external programm

Guy Morand Morand
Wed Jul 27 05:14:07 PDT 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm playing with wpa_supplicant to configure my wireless network on my
embedded device. I'd like to configure my wireless network from a web interface
so I wrote a little daemon to make the communication between my web server
and wpa_supplicant working.

At the moment I'm using wpa_cli that is working great. However, I'd like to
avoid a lot of layer and use directly the wpa_ctrl.h interface inside my program
as wpa_cli does and I dislike calling shell program inside C code (system(),
popen(), ...)

The problem that wpa_supplicant doesn't seem to share its header files
(usr/includes/) and this is pretty annoying for the compilation... Moreover,
I'd like to have some static/shared libraries to use with my little daemon,
something like "libwpa_ctrl.a/so".

Is there any way to generate some shared libraries at the current stage
of development? Or am I going into the wrong direction ? Is there any
better way to do it?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Regards,

Guy Morand