About how to configure hostapd.eap_user for eap-aka

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jan 29 06:58:33 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 06:45:21AM +0000, ? ? wrote:
> Now, when I uncommented driver=wired, the hostapd can work fine, can receive message, but i don't know if the paramter is effect my feature test.

If you are running hostapd as an authentication server, driver=none
would be even cleaner option, but anyway, this does not affect the
actual RADIUS server functionality.

> I have the following question need your help.
> 1. after make hlr_auc_gw, I don't know how to enable it?

"./hlr_auc_gw -h" will keep you more information its command line
parameters. For EAP-AKA, the Milenage keys should be defined in a
separate file and -m option is used to point to that. See
hlr_auc_gw.milenage_db for an example of that file.

> 2. if we can enbale hlr_auc_gw byhostapd_cli, but the following error when operate hostapd_cli:
>    Could not connect to hostapd - re-trying

That has nothing to do with hlr_auc_gw. The connection between hostapd
and hlr_auc_gw is through a separate UNIX domain socket which is
configured with eap_sim_db option in hostapd.conf (see the example file
for more details).