802.11a/n

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Aug 18 06:56:09 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:29:06AM -0700, Grant wrote:
> I noticed that the channel allowances for country 00 match what is
> enabled for me under crda.  The kernel must set my country to US and
> crda must set it to 00.  I'm using crda-1.1.1 and
> wireless-regdb-20101124 which are Gentoo's latest versions.  Does
> anyone know what could be wrong?  Are these packages created by
> Gentoo, meaning I should file a bug with them?

Could you please check what the driver is saying about the regulatory
domain of the card? You can check this in dmesg output, e.g., like this:

$ dmesg | grep "ath:"
[   11.255148] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x64
[   11.255150] ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a direct regpair
map
[   11.255154] ath: Country alpha2 being used: 00
[   11.255156] ath: Regpair used: 0x64