RSN Pre-authentication issue

harshil shah harshilshah25
Sat Apr 30 06:52:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to do RSN pre-authentication. Following is my setup and
configuration.

Server ========= AP2==========AP1------------mobile

                        (hostapd)                (hostapd)

Following is my hostapd.conf on both APs with difference shown.

interface = ath0

bridge=br0

driver=madwifi

ssid=testproject

ieee8021x=1

own_ip_addr=192.168.1.2 (both IPs are different)

auth_server_addr= 192.168.1.10

auth_server_port=1812

auth_server_shared_secret=whatever

wpa=2

wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-EAP

rsn_preauth=1

rsn_preauth_interfaces=eth0

So when I execute following on mobile:

./preauth_test  wpa_supplicant.conf <MAC of AP2> wlan0

It shows no receiving of packets on AP1.

Where am I going wrong?

*Thanks and Regards,*

*Harshil Shah,*

Convergence Lab, Infosys Labs,

Infosys Technologies Limited | Bangalore

*Mob #** : +91 97428 87966**.*

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any
other person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable
for any damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should
carry out your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
from this e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.