wpa_supplicant can connect, but reconnect immediately

J. Bakshi joydeep
Thu Sep 9 23:28:31 PDT 2010

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 11:41:51 -0400
Pavel Roskin <proski at gnu.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 14:00 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I want wpa_supplicant scans the available AP and based on priority connects a particular AP.
> >
> > watch "wpa_cli status"
> >
> > shows that wpa_supplicant can connect the AP but immediately it disconnects. It happens again and again after a regular interval. Why wpa-supplicant lost the AP even after make the association ? Here is my wpa_supplicant related configuration
>
> I guess NetworkManager does it.  Try stopping it:
> service NetworkManager stop

I don't have Networkmanager installed here. only wpa_supplicant and ifplugd.  ifplugd has the proper configuration to provide network configuration to wlan0

`````````````````````
mapping wlan0
     script guessnet-ifupdown
     map default: office-wifi
     map  office-wifi open unknown
     map timeout: 12
     # map init-time: 12   # for slow drivers
     map verbose: true
     map debug: true

 iface office-wifi inet static
        test wireless  mac  00:1C:F0:3D:4C:C9
        address 192.168.1.199
        netmask 255.255.0.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.0
        gateway 192.168.1.1
        wpa-driver wext

# if all else fails: pick an open network
 iface open inet dhcp
     test wireless open
     wireless-essid any
     wireless-mode auto

wpa_supplicant connect-reconnect with the access point frequently. And finally after a long delay ( 5 min) it successfully associted with the AP. Why this long delay ? any clue ?

Thanks