ignore_broadcast_ssid without effect

Dennis Borgmann dennis.borgmann
Tue May 25 02:05:11 PDT 2010

Hello hostap-list!

I am using hostapd in connection with madwifi-0.9.4 and I am seeing the
problem, that I cannot hide my ssid. See my hostapd.conf below:

interface=ath0

driver=madwifi

logger_syslog=-1

logger_syslog_level=-1

logger_stdout=-1

logger_stdout_level=-1

dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump

ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd

ctrl_interface_group=0

ssid=test123
channel=60

hw_mode=a

auth_algs=1

ignore_broadcast_ssid=1

ap_max_inactivity=3000

ieee8021x=1

eapol_version=2

eap_reauth_period=0

wpa=2

#check_crl=1

own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
auth_server_addr=127.0.0.1

auth_server_port=1812

auth_server_shared_secret=00000000
acct_server_addr=127.0.0.1

acct_server_port=1813

acct_server_shared_secret=00000000

wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-EAP

wpa_pairwise=CCMP

rsn_pairwise=CCMP

wpa_group_rekey=0

wpa_strict_rekey=0

Although I am using "ignore_broadcast_ssid=1", the SSID still appears in
the beacons and the AP answers to broadcast SSID-requests. I tested with
hostapd-0.6.9 and the hostap-06.git -version from Febuary 2nd, 2010. Any
suggestions what I am doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Dennis