Fw: 100,000 WPA supplicant requests

R C rc_work
Tue Mar 2 16:12:15 PST 2010

Hello,

I have a requirement to generate a 100,000 WPA supplicant requests. Here is my requirement in more detail:

want to test the scalability of my server software. This server
software and a Free Radius Server sit on the same linux box. I want to
see how many client requests the Radius server can handle via EAP-TLS.
And, in turn, I know how my server software can handle these requests
simultaneously. We are looking at sending 100,000 wpa supplicant
requests simultaneously to the free radius server.

1.
Considering the limitation of the resources, I was thinking about how i
can get so many (100,000) wpa supplicant sessions up and running at the
same time. Do you have any input on this?

2.  Is there a free wpa supplicant (peer) that generates multiple separate sessions at the same time?

3. Can one interface be used to send out multiple
simultaneous wpa supplicant requests? If yes, how many wpa client
sessions can i generate on 1 interface?

4. Can you please tell me how good WPA supplicant and Hostapd fit this test with FreeRadius Server?

5. Are they good for scalability testing or should I look out for other open source wpa supplicants/NASs?

6.
Do you know of any other supplicants and AP that might do the work for
me or are known to do a better job in scalability tests like this?

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
RC.