wpa_supplicant loops between GROUP_HANDSHAKE and COMPLETED: Ubuntu, Intel Wifi 5100 & Belkin

Sam Stephens sam
Sun Dec 5 23:02:41 PST 2010

I'm using Ubuntu Studio 10.10 x64. I want to get wireless networking
going manually. My wireless networking works successfully in Windows 7 x64.

I can get it working successfully without encryption but when I try and
use WPA-PSK, wpa_supplicant gets stuck in a loop between GROUP_HANDSHAKE
and COMPLETED.

As I've provided the wpa_supplicant log and a bunch of information on
the Ubuntu forums, I thought I'd include a link to that rather than clog
inboxes. Let me know if you'd prefer me to put this information into an
email.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide

Sam