How to prepare Windows driver for use with ndiswrapper?

Pavel Roskin proski
Mon Sep 28 14:41:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 16:14 +0200, Malte Gell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i now have a Netgear WN111v2 which works just fine with drivers from
> linuxwireless project.
>
> Nevertheless, i would give ndiswrapper a chance to get some more features,
> e.g. make the LEDs work and see the signal strength.

Please write to ndiswrapper-general at lists.sourceforge.net; this list is
not about ndiswrapper.

> I was able to extract the Windows driver from my Vista machine.

>From the INSTALL file included with ndiswrapper sources:

"If this is the first time you install ndiswrapper, you need to install
Windows driver for Windows XP (in some cases Windows NT or Windows
2000 may also work). First, get a Windows driver that is known to
work."

Vista drivers should be supported by the ndisv6 branch, which can be
checked out from
https://ndiswrapper.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ndiswrapper/branches/ndisv6/ndiswrapper

But this effort is not complete, so your mileage may vary.

> I can install it with ndiswrapper -i oem42.inf But, when i load the
> ndiswrapper module i get a lot of unresolved symbols.
>
> If someone wants to help to create a ndiswrapper optimized Windows driver
> package for that USB stick I can send you the driver (2,9 MB, some files are
> probably not needed).

I doubt legality of such package.

--
Regards,