Help!!! When running a period of time, hostapd daemon didn't received eapol request

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Sep 6 06:46:40 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 04:13:02PM +0800, DJ HENRY wrote:

> I has used hostapd-0.4.8 and wpa_supplicant-0.4.8 a period of time, they
> were running well. I choose the old version, because
>
> of they are used in a embedded system based ARM CPU and the old version
> costed a little memroy and space.

Have you tested the 0.7.x branch version with a build configuration that
optimizes for size? It should be able to reduce the binary size quite a
bit in that branch while 0.4.x does not have such options available.. I
would be interested in hearing the sizes of different versions that you
have used to come to this conclusion.

> When running a period of time, hostapd daemon didn't received eapol request,
> must restarted the hostapd daemon, it could be
>
> running well. But the problem occured again, such a hour time.

> hostapd log
> no log

Why? If you are reporting an issue in hostapd behavior, this would be
one of the most important things to report..