Hostapd Multicast Group Key Issue on PowerPC vs x86

Damon Southworth damon
Tue May 5 10:29:01 PDT 2009

Christian Lamparter wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 14:46:28 Damon Southworth wrote:
>> More information around the problem....
>>
>> The Prism54 drivers no longer work with hostapd. The new p54 drivers
>> using the nl80211 interface bring the card up but again I can't detect
>> the access point in any stations scan list.
>>
> in hostapd.conf
>
> #channel=6
> remove the # and your p54 AP will show up on scans.
>
> BTW:
> you should also set the right countrycode and enable ieee80211d.

Thanks, that solved the problem with all the devices (Atheros, Prism54
and broadcom) I had tried using the nl80211 interface.

This now confirms that the Multicast group key issue only exists when
using the Madwifi driver interface.

Regards,

Damon.