configuring WPS with WPA?

skn skrishnamohan
Thu Mar 19 07:32:55 PDT 2009

It seems that it actually fails during
"Try to find WPA-enabled AP"

and in doing ssid_bss_match it fails in

wpas_wps_ssid_bss_match ()

with message "skip - non-WPS AP" although the Dlink DIR-300 is WPS capable.

Also in scan_results i dont see the WPS flag.

----- Original Message -----

  From: skn
  To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 2:17 PM
  Subject: configuring WPS with WPA?

  Hello All,

  I have been using the supplicant to configure a client PC with WPS. The AP is a Dlink DIR-300 router.
  The WPS configuration works and gets connected to the AP when the router has WiFi authentication disabled
  i.e i can see the WPS protocol messages. I used the pin method to configure.

  But when i enable the WPA/TKIP on the router, the scan results in "privacy mismatch" for the dlink router.

  Attached is the configuration file.

  It would be great if any one could share their experience on this.

  Thanks,
  Srikanth