How to use WPS support with madwifi driver, or should I use some other Wi-Fi card

Wuhua Xu xu.wuhua
Thu Mar 19 06:30:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to run WPS client with madwifi 0.9.4 and wpa_supplicant 0.6.8,
but cannot find WPS support from my APs. My APs do have WPS turned on.
I run "wpa_cli scan_results", and my APs was found and printed out, but
without [WPS] flag.
I think the reason is that madwifi just skip the beacon with WSC OUI and
doesn't report it though ioctl SIOCGIWSCAN. Correct me if I'm wrong.
My question is can I still run wpa_supplicant as WPS client with madwifi
driver? Should I fix this issue in madwifi driver or is there any
workaround?
And please tell me the Wi-Fi card that works well with the WPS client
functionality of  wpa_supplicant.
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Xiaohui