wpa_supplicant taking 30 seconds to a minute to stabilize

Derek Chan dwc+hostap
Tue Feb 24 13:42:30 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 09:10:38PM +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> This sounds like a possible race condition in the key configuration.
> Could you please check
> http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2008-March/017542.html for more
> details and please try the proposed os_sleep workaround to confirm that
> the known race condition is indeed causing this.

This indeed fixes the problem.  Thanks for your quick diagnosis and solution.

I see from the messages following in that thread that were looking for some
more information.  If there is anything I can do to help, I'd be happy to.
(Side note: I'd prefer to be using p54usb too, but I couldn't get any of the
firmwares working)  I guess I'll poke around at ndiswrapper to see if I can
figure anything out from there.

Thanks,

 - Derek

--
Be the change you want to see in the world
        -- Mahatma Gandhi